A Dialoge Between Two Soto Zen Nuns
Rev. Shundo Aoyama and Rev. Konjin Godwin
A dialogue video on the theme of "SDG Development Goal 5: Achieve Gender Equality" was created for the Soto Zen Buddhism Religious Office's SDG activities.
Rev. Shundo Aoyama
Seido, Daihonzan Sojiji
Abbess of Aichi Senmon Nunnery or Nisodo
- 1947 Ordained by Rev. Shunki Kurashina
- 1976 Appointed as Abbess of Aichi Senmon Nisodo
- 2009 First woman appointed as "Daikyoshi"
- 2022 Appointed as the first female "Seido" of Daihonzan Sojiji
Rev. Konjin Godwin
Director of the Soto Zen Buddhism International Center
Houston Zen Center, Shounji, Kokusai Fukyoshi（International teacher）
- 1985 Trained at San Francisco Zen Center, served on board of directors, etc.
- 1992 Trained at Hosshinji, Fukui prefecture, Japan
- 2003 Established Houston Zen Center, Shounji, Houston, Texas
- 2009 Appointed as Kokusai Fukyoshi（International teacher）
- 2018 Appointed as the first female Director of the Soto Zen Buddhism International Center
Part1: Thinking About Gender Equality
Part2: Listening with Humility to "Differences"
Part3: What Happens When Men and Women Practice Together?
Part4: "Don't Discuss Gender"
Part5: A Message to Future Priests