SOTOZEN.COM > Practice > Food as Practice > Recipes > Cucumbers tossed with fresh Ginger
Cucumbers tossed with fresh Ginger
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 Japanese cucumbers (or 2 medium English cucumbers)
- 90 g. (3 oz.) fresh ginger
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Cut the cucumbers into thin rectangular slices or planks; cut the ginger into fine strips (julienne).
- Put the cucumbers and ginger into a bowl, sprinkle with salt, then rub the cucumber and ginger lightly.
- Let sit for 10 minutes, then rinse lightly with water. Thoroughly drain and squeeze out excess moisture before serving.
Recipe (PDF 116KB)