SOTOZEN.COM > Practice > Food as Practice > Recipes > Cherry Tomato Tempura
Cherry Tomato Tempura
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 200 g. (7 oz. or 7/8 cup) flour (all-purpose flour or formulated tempura flour)
- 160 cc. (5.5 oz. or a bit over ½ cup) water
- 1 tsp. salt
- Oil (canola oil, olive oil, safflower oil, or other oil) for deep frying
- Hull the tomatoes, then use a toothpick to pierce the skin in 2 or 3 places.
- Prepare the batter by adding water to the flour and mixing. Add salt.
- Dip the tomatoes in the batter, then deep fry at 170º C (338º F) to 180º C (356º F) for about 30 seconds.
- Place on a few layers of paper towel to soak up any excess oil.
Recipe (PDF 126KB)