SOTOZEN.COM > Practice > Food as Practice > Recipes > Flavored Rice cooked with Maitake Mushrooms
Flavored Rice cooked with Maitake Mushrooms
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 360 cc. (12 oz. or 1 1/2 cups) white rice
- 500 cc. (17 oz. or 2 1/8 cups) water for cooking the rice
- 100 g. (3.5 oz.) fresh maitake mushrooms
- 200 cc. (7 oz. or 7/8 cup) water for cooking the maitake mushrooms
- 1 tsp. salt
- 100 cc. (3.4 oz. or slightly less than ½ cup) soy sauce
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- Shred the maitake mushrooms into bite-size pieces with your hands. Cook the maitake mushrooms in 200 cc. water seasoned with soy sauce, sugar, salt and oil.
- Wash the white rice and drain in a colander while cooking the maitake mushrooms.
- When the maitake mushrooms have soaked up the flavor, turn off the heat and take them out of the pot.
- Add 500 cc. water to the cooking liquid left in the pot.
- Place the drained rice in a rice cooker, pour the liquid from step 4 into the rice cooker, top with the cooked maitake mushrooms, then cook.
- Mix well before serving.
Recipe (PDF 142KB)