SOTOZEN.COM > Practice > Food as Practice > Recipes > Cashew Nuts Rice
Cashew Nuts Rice
Ingredients (serves 3)
- 300 g / 10.6 oz of White Rice
- Broth (Dried kelp sheet (3-inch / 10 cm) stored in water over a night)
- Cashew Nuts 50g / 10.6 oz
- Shoyu / Soy sauce 2 Tbsp.
- Sake 2 Tbsp.
- Rinse rice and leave it in water for 30 minutes.
Add 2 Tbsp of Shoyu (soy sauce), 2 Tbsp of sake, broth, kelp sheet and 300 cc / 10 oz of water in the clay pot (May be substituted by pot).
- Boil the water over high heat and let it sit over low heat for 12 minutes.
Put out the fire and let it is for another 5 minutes.
Once completely cooked, gently stir the rice.
- Deep fry cashew nuts.
It's convenient to use a strainer ladle to keep them from getting burned. Drain the oil off the cashew nuts and serve them on the rice in the clay pot.
- Stir them gently and serve them in a rice bowl or a plate.
Recipe (PDF 1.3MB)