Ingredients (serves 3)
- 110g (1/2 cup) coconut oil (or 125g (1/2 cup) butter)
- 110g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 1/2 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 315g (2 cups) flour
- 70g (1/3 cup) cashew nuts, ground
- 80ml (1/3 cup) coconut milk
- A few drops of vanilla
- 1 Tsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. desiccated coconut
- Grease a 25cm (9-10 in) cake pan, preheat oven to 180°C/350F. Heat coconut oil (or butter to soften).
- Cream sugar, salt, and vanilla with an electric mixer. Add flour, and mix with an electric mixer on low speed until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Place the mixture into a greased cake pan and smooth the surface with a spoon from the edges into the center. Then bake 18 to 20 minutes until the cake turns golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cut immediately. Let cool completely for 30 minutes before unmolding and sliding onto a plate.
- "Cashew Cream Topping"
Mix all the ingredients until smooth and creamy. Chill in the fridge to set. Decorate with cashew cream topping.
Recipe (PDF 643.2KB)